Friday, August 10, 2007

Since everyone else is doing it

I feel like I'm back in high school as far as internet usage goes. If I have a bunch of friends that are doing something online that I'm not I feel like a loser and that I need to do it too. Hence I've created a blog! I really don't think I'll be able to use it much, seeing that I barely have time to e-mail any more much less actually have time to sit down and blog (which I think is a stupid word btw)!
The only reason I had time to finish making this page, which I started last week, is that it is Friday night at 11 pm and Andy is already asleep. He went to bed before 10. I hate hate hate going to bed that early. So I told him I was staying up, not so much because I had things to do but more for the fact that I am not yet ready to admit that I'm an old married lady who goes to bed before ten on a Friday night.
But I guess that is what happens when you get married. The weekends have lost all importance and the only thing that is special about Saturday now really is that we get ready for Sunday like the song says. This is especially true for Andy and me since Andy works every other weekend and has to be up at 4 am, so he goes to bed really early. But tomorrow is his day off and alas he still wanted to go to bed early.
Don't get me wrong, I love love LOVE being married and I wouldn't go back to dating if you paid me millions of dollars. I never want to play the game anymore. I'm happy being in love and sharing my life with Andy. But sometimes I miss the single life. I miss having friends of the opposite sex, that may sound weird but I've always gotten along better with guys then girls. And for a long time my closest friends were guys. But I've lost contact with almost all of them because it really isn't appropriate for a married gal to be hanging out with guys without her husband now is it? I miss having late Friday nights and sleeping in Saturday morning. I miss meeting new people and having so many people over at my house on Sunday afternoons that there is no more sitting room.
I only get like this on Friday nights. The rest of the week I'm so thankful that I don't have to deal with roommates or the drama that surrounds the single life. I am in love with my life right now. I have a wonderful husband who treats me like the princess I am and an adorable son. And I wouldn't trade either of them for a single late Friday night.

4 comments:

Kelly P said...

Amen to everything you said about being single, being married, old friends, dating, roommates, etc!!! I know exactly how you feel.

Loved finding your blog. I'd ask if this is going to be a regular thing, but it's been 2 weeks no and not another post, so I'd guess: no :)

Love ya and take care!!!!529

Alida B. said...

so this is the first time I even see your blog...and you call me your best friend..shame! LOL! You really need to blog blog blog blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara and Dan said...

I hear ya about staying up late. It's just in my genes! Of course, i like sleeping in, too. Maybe that's why...

Sarah said...

haha...see, this way, you don't have to email ppl with updates...lol!