Friday, November 9, 2007

Haloween and fancy dates

So I'm a little behind on blogging (sorry Alida). But I wanted to post about Halloween anyway!!

Talan's first Halloween was not a fun one for him. The poor little guy was sick with a sinus infection and was just not happy that night. He didn't nap all day and so that contributed. Here is a video of us trying to get him ready, you can see how sad he is!!



But once we got over to Grandma's he cheered up. Here he is with his 4 month old niece Madi:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And one after he got out of his costume and into jammies, he's much happier here! This is one of my new favorite pictures!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In other news Andy and I had the most fun date This week!!!!!!!!!! We got all dressed up and pretty and mom came over and babysat. We first went to dinner at the New Yorker where Andy works. I knew Andy worked in a fancy restaurant but I was SO shocked at how fancy it is! There was valet parking and they checked our coats for us, for a gal who never eats anywhere fancier than The Olive Garden that was pretty impressive by itself. But the dinning room was gorgeous!!!!!!! They served us Fuji water as soon as we sat down and I felt like a VIP since everyone knew Andy the managers and waitstaff all kept coming over to talk to us and meet me. It was so fun! The best part was when one of the gay waiters came over to meet me, he said "you have such good taste" and then winked at Andy! LOL!!!!!!!
I ordered a diet coke and the waiter brought it out in a tiny bottle and poured it for me anytime my glass got low (I think I went through like 3 of those bottles I haven't had diet coke in a really long time!!!). And the food was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thankful that Andy gets a 50% discount cause without it our meal would have been over a hundred bucks!!
We then went to the ballet. The restaurant sponsors the theater so we got the tickets for free. Our seats were three rows back!! And I LOVED it!!! The show was The Three Musketeers and it was hilarious. I've never seen a ballet other than The Nutcracker but I loved it. Andy even really liked it and I only caught him dosing off at the very end. But he said that we'd have to go to the next show as well!
It was just so nice to feel pampered!! I loved it!!!

2 comments:

Tara and Dan said...

ha ha that video is hilarious :).

Isn't the New Yorker fun? That was my favorite part of Dan working there. AND, he got to bring home yummy food and chocolate cake! I miss the food already :(

Alida B. said...

Omgosh Talan is so adorably freaking cute! I am so jealous of your little date night out. The last "date" Jeremiah and I had was to Target for some diapers and a couple stale pretzels. It was good to get away for an hour though...lol!!!