Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ahhh... the joys of motherhood

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS A STORY ABOUT POOP AND SHOULD NOT BE READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH... DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

Talan is now sleeping in a big boy bed. We decided to switch him over now so that when Cohen is born he feels as much like a big boy as possible. Thankfully he hasn't figured out yet that he can get out of the bed by himself so naps and bedtime are still very easy. Today we got home from taking Andy to work and I changed his diaper before his nap and then laid him down in only his shirt and diaper like always. I could hear him in there playing on his bed for almost an hour. He had slept a little in the car so I wasn't surprised that he didn't want to sleep but was glad he was at least in there.
I was on the phone with my manager when suddenly he started SCREAMING. I figured he was just done being in there and wanted to come out. So I finished my phone call and went in to get him. He was standing in the middle of the bed HOLDING HIS DIAPER IN HIS HAND and screaming. And there was poop everywhere!!!!!! All down his legs, on his new bedding and even on the wall... but none on his hands so I really don't know how it got there. It was disgusting! And Talan was NOT happy to have it all over the place either. Gross, Gross, Gross!!!

4 comments:

Cynthia Lyn said...

Poor sarah. . .

Farmer Family said...

I'm so sorry! That's horrible. Oh and by the way, my husband is usually not that great about cleaning. I just had to post that because it's not something that happens every day!

Aaron said...

What? No pictures?!?

Tara and Dan said...

Ew!!! Nothing like a good poop story :) lol