Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy!!!!

For Andy's birthday I wanted to do something different and fun. I heard of a restaurant up in Park City called The Snowed Inn. The restaurant sits on top of a mountain and the only way to get there is by horse drawn carriage. Very romantic! Everything at the restaurant is "cowboy style". It is more or less a fancy log cabin and the staff is all dressed up like cowboys. They even had a guy playing the guitar to serenade us during dinner!! The food was excellent and we had an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!

The sleighs coming down the mountain to pick us up
Photobucket

My friend Jessy and her fiance just happened to have reservations at the same time as us. This is us waiting at the ski lift for the sleighs to come
Photobucket

Andy and I on the sleigh. It was still light out on the ride up, but when we came down at about 9:30 it was pitch dark. It was BEAUTIFUL. The stars were really bright and we had an awesome view of Park City
Photobucket

The cowboy singer. He was REALLY good
Photobucket

Andy and I at dinner. Andy hates this picture cause it looks like he has a massive double chin. LOL but it is just because he took it himself so he is sitting weird so we can both be in it.
Photobucket

The sleigh drivers
Photobucket

My friend Jessy thought they were really hot so she made me go with her to take a picture with them.
Photobucket

And this is how we found Talan sleeping at Grandma's when we came to get him. He LOVES that bunny and has to sleep with him every night!!!
Photobucket

We had an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Farmer Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I've never heard of that restaurant before; I might just have to try it. Thanks for your concern about Hailey. She received a blessing that night after we got home, and the next day the rash was almost completely gone, even though the doctors said it would take weeks to go away. I'm so grateful for the priesthood.

sexychoco said...

That restaurant sounds so much fun! good idea!! very creative, and oh my goodness...that v-day date sounds horrible! I bet you'll be staying home next year. LOL!!

Alida B. said...

Thats sounds so amazingly exciting and fun I am glad you got to go. I must say that I absolutely love that picture of Talan...I am gonna print it out and hang it up with the other pic from his 1 yr invite...

Tara and Dan said...

What a fun date night! I'll have to remember this one for our next big occasion...