Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beware: old ladies driving

Today we got in a car accident. We were driving home from the park and we were at a stop sign. with pickup truck in front of us. The pickup decided they were too far out in the intersection and suddenly backed up... right into our car!!!!! It was obvious they either didn't know they hit us or were trying to make a quick get away. I JUMPED out of the car (pretty impressive for an enormous pregnant lady, I know) and ran to the window of the truck and banged on it.... and inside was a little old lady!!!! Why she was driving a truck instead of a station wagon is beyond me. Well in my haste I didn't put my shoes on and the pavement was burning my feet off so after I banged on the poor ladies window like a crazy lady I turned around and ran back to the car for my shoes. I'm sure I was close to giving her a heart attack, but she got out of her car and when she saw Andy inspecting the damage she said "oh, did I get ya?". She obviously felt really bad and the damage is pretty minor. Our bumper is pretty messed up by the headlight, but Andy's dad can fix it for us. So we told her not to worry about it. I'm sure her insurance rates are high enough as it is.

Here are some pictures of Talan playing at the park today. At one point he decided it would be a really good idea to start digging in the dirt. He is such a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Old people should totally have to take a new driving test every year! I hear about them getting in accidents all the time! Ridiculous!

PS How's the pregnancy going? I'm so excited for you!

PSS Ever hear from Mandagie?

Erin said...

Hello Hello!! Its meeeee, your favorite old roomie! How are you! It's been forever! How are you. Your little guy is so cute! I just noticed from the comment about that you are pregnant! Congrats! Me too! Of course I have been pregnant 5 out of the 6 years I have been married! So it great! Drop me a line soon! Love ya! Erin

Erin said...

By the way, last time I talked to you, didn't you just get hit by an old lady in the car your grandma bought you.You sure have problems with cars and old ladies, don't ya!!

Julene said...

Hi, Sarah! This is Julene, was Dorsey, but now Lifferth! That was a hilarious story! Just imagining a pregnant lady terrorizing an old lady driving a truck! hehe! Puts a funny image in your mind! :)

Julene said...

Hi, Sarah! This is Julene, was Dorsey, but now Lifferth! That was a hilarious story! Just imagining a pregnant lady terrorizing an old lady driving a truck! hehe! Puts a funny image in your mind! :)

Becky and Joey Corless said...

It sounds like you had a interesting day. So when is the baby gonna be here?

Tara and Dan said...

Oh my goodness- that's crazy! I love the line- oh, did I get ya??

Talan sure is getting big! What a cutie :)