Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why today sucks

So today we woke up to a sick baby. Talan always comes in and wakes us up in the morning and when he did today the stuffed bear he slept with last night smelled REALLY bad. So Andy went to look at his bed and found Talan had thrown up everywhere!!! However Talan didn't act like he wasn't feeling well at all. He was running around and playing like normal. So we thought he would be ok. But 20 minutes later Andy looked at him and with one look could tell that he was about to get sick again, which he did... ALL OVER POOR ANDY. I'm so glad it wasn't me, Andy actually had to throw up afterwards as well cause it was so nasty! Again, after the 2nd throw up he seemed fine. We even still were able to go to a birthday party for his cousin. Although him and I mostly just sat on the couch watching Blue's Clues. After the party he took a nap and when he woke up EVERYTHING was covered in the nastiest diaper gross ever. Unfortunately Andy was already at work so I had to do the clean up from that one!
Bad thing #2 from today. I went to the store to buy Talan some Pedilite this morning. When I got home I got some trash out of the car and threw it away before coming inside. Later I couldn't find my phone anywhere so I took the house phone out by the dumpster and called my phone. Sure enough my pregnant brain had somehow allowed me to throw my cell phone away!!!!!!!!!!!! If I weren't pregnant I would climb in and get it myself, however I'm pretty sure digging around in disgusting dumpsters isn't advised for women who are 8 months pregnant. So instead I have to wait till Andy comes home tonight and can do it for me. Being without a cell phone SUCKS. I feel so unconnected from the world!!!
Bad thing #3 from today. Talan and I needed to go to the store. Talan loves to carry the car key to the car. Well today when we got to the car he decided to stick the key threw one of the holes in our hubcaps. Thanks Talan... now we are stranded. We don't have regular hubcaps and I tried for 20 minutes to pry the dang things off but I couldn't do it. So once again I have to wait till Andy gets home!!!!!!!!!
All this combined with it being 400 degrees outside and me being so pregnant I can barely move has just made for one heck of a day! I can't wait till it is over!!!!!!

7 comments:

Eric said...

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. That really sucks.
If it counts for anything I'm really glad you guys came to the party. It was good to see you and your family.

Alida B. said...

That just made me so sad!! I hate that you had such a bad day :( Hopefully, today will be better and happier and without sickiness... BIG HUGS! ILY!

Becky and Joey Corless said...

Im sorry you had such a crappy day. Hope your weekend was better.

Tara and Dan said...

Ew!! I wonder if he had the same stomach flu I had last weekend... No one is supposed to get sick in the summer- what's up with that?!

Three cheers for pregnancy brain!!! (Wait a minute... I forgot what I was typing about...)

Cynthia Lyn said...

oh, poor sarah . . . I hope things get better

sexychoco said...

sorry sarah---that day really sucked! I hope you are having a better day!!

Tanya Smith said...

What a crappy day! If it makes you feel any better, I went to my 10 year class reunion on that day....need I say more?