Thursday, July 31, 2008

Car Update!

So on Monday night I sent the car dealership an e-mail. In that one I basically told them what had happened and expressed how dissatisfied we were in how we had been treated. At the end of the e-mail I requested that they refund us the $100 and replace the radio that had been damaged. I told them they had 48 hours to respond or I would be reporting them to the BBB and all that other stuff.
Of course I didn't hear anything back. So last night I sent them a very angry e-mail. I said their lack of response to my first e-mail was just another example of their poor customer service and business practices and that I would be making reports, contacting local news agencies, and writing horrible reviews for them on every internet site I could find. LOL
Well that one seemed to do the trick! I got a phone call at 10 this morning from one of the managers. Who apologized profusely that I had to wait for him to contact me but he had "been on vacation"... yeah right. Anyway, he was very nice and talked to me for about 20 minutes. We finally came to an agreement that they would take the $100 and put it towards fixing our horn since we really need that fixed so we can register our car next month. The first price they quoted us to fix the horn was around $250 and he was going to give us parts at wholesale cost and "tweek" labor so that we wont have to pay anything over the $100 we have already given them. They aren't going to do anything about the radio, but to be honest the radio wasn't that awesome in the first place so I'm ok with what we are getting.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

don't mess with a pregnant woman!!! it sounds like a resonable deal. i'd still smear them over any website you can get your hands on! ;)

Becky and Joey Corless said...

I would have contacted gephart, They should have to replace your radio for making it look worse than it did to begin with.

Tara and Dan said...

Oh duh- guess I should have read this post before I commmented on the last post! I'm glad you got something at least. Your persistence paid off!