Saturday, November 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!

So Talan's birthday was two weeks ago... guess I'm a little behind. I'm still in awe that my little baby is 2 now, it really feels like I just barely had him, even though I've already been through a 2nd pregnancy. He is such a joy in our lives. I can't imagine my life without him. I love you little man!
Here is a synopsis of his celebration. We had people over for cake and ice cream the night before.
Blowing out the candles on his Blue's Clues cake:
Photobucket

Enjoying some cake
Photobucket

Opening presents

Photobucket

The next day he wanted cake for lunch, and since it was his birthday I agreed, he also needed 3 plates for his one peice
Photobucket

That night we took him to a place called Jungle Jim's with a few of his cousins. It is a place with a few rides for toddlers and then video games and things. We had never been there but a few people from church told me it was a lot of fun. It really wasn't that great of a place, the rides were all really old and they just have a bunch of high school kids working there so they were all too busy flirting to really run the place well. Talan was terrified of the rides and screamed every time we tried to get him on one, or when Andy rode one with my neice (I think he was scared for Andy's life).
This picture shows you perfectly how the day went. This was the first ride we tried to force him on, the girl behind him is his cousin Madi
Photobucket

At first I was really upset since I chose the place, I felt like I had ruined his special day, I even cried I was so upset. But he had fun wasting all the tokens by jamming them into one skeeball game while Andy frantically tried to throw the balls to keep up (I think we used 15 tokens on one game) and walking around pushing all the buttons he could find... what more could a two year old want? There was also a slide there that he loved going down over and over
Photobucket
My nephew Jordan was finally able to get Talan to ride the airplanes ONE time without screaming bloody murder, he smiled and waved at us and I was happy.
Photobucket
After a few hours we went to dinner at Arby's next door. After dinner when we were getting in the car Talan told us he wanted to go "back". We decided since it was his birthday we'd go back in for a few minutes.
He actually seemed interested in riding the airplanes again. I took him on and this is what happened as soon as we sat down
Photobucket
I had to hold onto him with all my strength as the ride started, but by the 2nd rotation he was saying "up up up" and "I'm big". When the ride stopped he said "again!", we must have rode that dang thing 10 times in a row, many times without any other kids. Here we are actually enjoying the ride
Photobucket

Photobucket
Then I switched and Andy rode with him a few times, although Andy was a little too big for the ride. He actually rode on it like this the entire time, the 16 year old at the controls really didn't care of course
Photobucket
I was just glad that he FINALLY realized that we took him somewhere fun! We then of course couldn't get him to leave so even though we had already been there for like 4 hours we stayed till like 9 pm... it was his birthday afterall! LOL

4 comments:

Becky and Joey Corless said...

I can;t believe he is already 2, they grow up so fast next thing you know he is going to be asking to borrow the car.

Alida B. said...

Awesome recap of his birthday festivities!! I felt like I was there (cause I totally would've been) I seriously can't believe he is 2. Holy WOW! He looks too cute!

Lyndsie Miles said...

We love Jungle Jims... we haven't been sine Kenna was born... hum, time for a return trip?

Happy Birthday to Talan!

Julene said...

Ah! I am glad he finally got to enjoy his birthday activity! When they're that little it's hard to tell what they'll like!