Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just One Reason Why I Love Him

It all began Wednesday at 10PM when Andy and I had this text conversation:
Andy: "You may choose between a movie and a region of the world"
Me: "Huh?"
Andy: "Don't ask questions, just choose one"
Me: "Well what if I choose the wrong one??!?!? You know I'm bad at choosing things, please just do it for me" (I can't choose ANYTHING for myself. Choices give me panic attacks.)
Andy: "Whatever you choose will be fine... just choose one"
The conversation continued in that fashion for about 30 minutes. I finally chose The Matrix because I had an assignment for school to watch it (yes I said an assignment, who assigns a senior level college course to watch The Matrix?!). Andy refused to tell me what it all meant and told me it was a practice in patience for me, I thought for sure I would die while waiting... I hate not knowing things.
The next day seemed to take forever. Then at 3PM while Andy was at class there was a knock on the door, when I opened the door I found a UPS man carrying this
Photobucket

I tore open the package and inside I found this:
Photobucket

It was the sweetest surprise! It was 3 days before Valentines Day so it was totally unexpected.

At 5PM I got another text from Andy:
"Hey I'm on my way home, be ready to leave at 6:30, everything is taken care of"

When he arrived he was carrying these:
Photobucket

FLOWERS TWICE IN ONE DAY!?!?! Amazing! I combined them to create this beautiful display:
Photobucket

He also gave me my Valentines Day gifts, two board games. Ahhhh... he knows me so well:
Photobucket

Since he is a chef he doesn't get nights like Valentines off, so he planned a surprise pre-valentines day date for me. We took the kids to his Dad's and then he took me to the Cheesecake Factory for my favorite Crab Wontons appetizer and then to The Asian Star for dinner. I've been wanting to go to the Asian Star for years. It was so fun to go to two different restaruants, a very unique and fun date.
We then went home and watched The Matrix (hence the original text message conversation).
It was the perfect evening planned just for me by the perfect husband. I'm so lucky to have Andy as my companion. He does so much for me and strives everyday to make sure I'm happy. Thanks for a perfect day babe.

6 comments:

carolyn said...

so sweet! (and Blokus is a blast to play.)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous couple of days! I am so glad you found a guy who enjoys surprising you with things like flowers, dates to dinner, etc. What a great guy! You guys make such a cute couple too!

Lyndsie Miles said...

So sweet! And he even took care of babysitter's!

Alida B. said...

Aaaaaaahhhh fun!!!!!

Tara and Dan said...

He's a keeper :) So what did "anywhere in the world" mean????

TheFlipSide said...

Perfect stranger alert:) Nice job on the post,and Andy seems like a great guy. I do have a question for you though. He asked you "any religion of the world or movie." If I read that correctly..what was the one you did not pick going to be if you don't mind? Also, you seem like a very kind and sweet person kudos on that, just wanted to comment that you making your own choices in life is very important to happiness. If it freaks you out to do so maybe look into it as a fixing a flaw or self help type of self improvement. I have many flaws,and they are annoying so I can understand how not being able to make choices has got to be somewhat of a burden to you. Cheers