Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who Is The Wife Of The Year?? I Am!!

Last month an auction was held to raise funds for Stephanie Nielson. I went to high school with Stephanie and sadly her and her husband were in a plane crash last year. Luckily they both survived but it is going to be a long recovery with a hefty bill. While I browsed the items up for auction looking for a way to donate I saw something that I knew I had to get for Andy, Row 2 VIP tickets to the Jazz vs. Celtics game... conveniently scheduled close to Valentines Day. I started bidding right away, I was on a mission to get those tickets for my husband! My mission was successful and I won! I handed Andy the tickets on Valentine's day (It was near impossible not to spill the beans sooner). He opened them and smiled, thinking they were run of the mill Jazz tickets in our usual nose-bleed-could've-had-a-better-seat-at-home seats. I will never forget the look on his face when he realized what he was really looking at, after celebrating for a few minutes he immediately starting calling his brothers to brag about how awesome his wife is, and I have to admit he is right, I'm pretty dang awesome.

Here we are anxiously waiting for the big game to begin
Photobucket

We were right next to the Celtic's bench. It was awesome cause we could hear the players talking and the couch yelling at the ref
Photobucket

This was our view, Basketball players are HUGE this close
Photobucket

Andy hanging out on the court at half time
Photobucket

Oh and the best part... the Jazz won!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you got such awesome tickets...oh, but wait, you are the wife of the year, so I guess I do believe it. :) Great job on making your hubby's year!

Tanya Smith said...

Man, I feel pretty badly after reading all my friends' awesome valentine's gifts to their hubbies (jazz tickets, a weekend getaway to a bed and breakfast, etc.) My husband got a homemade card...

Alida B. said...

You are too cool! I knew he'd love it, I'm glad he did!!!!! You ARE the wife of the CENTURY!

Alida B. said...

Oh and BTW to your friend Tanya my hubby got the same and he still thinks I'm the coolest wife ever!

carolyn said...

That looks like a blast! You look gorgeous btw!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Wow, you are wife of the year! Those are great tickets! Go Jazz!

Julene said...

Good job! You really are awesome! lol. I was thinking about you the other day while I was doing aerobics to a dvd I have. Wasn't our aerobics class a blast?

Lesa said...

You are a freakin' awesome wife! I think that is awesome that you were able to get those tickets and how convenient with the game being so close to V-day!

Tara and Dan said...

Dan would be so jealous!!